In its update issued at 11:55 a.m., the health unit reported 17 active COVID-19 cases, down from 19 reported on Friday. No updates were made available on Saturday and Sunday. The health unit serves the City of Peterborough, all municipalities within Peterborough County, Curve Lake First Nation and Hiawatha First Nation.
Of the health unit’s 1,595 cumulative cases since the pandemic began, 1,556 are now deemed resolved — an additional four cases since Friday. The resolved cases make up approximately 97.5 per cent of all cases.
There are now 799 reported variant cases, one more since Friday. The health unit confirmed its first Delta variant case on June 19. The first confirmed variant case in the health unit’s jurisdiction was reported on Feb. 23.
Other COVID-19 data for Monday:
- Outbreaks: A outbreak was declared Sunday at an unnamed workplace in Peterborough. No details have been provided on the 12th workplace outbreak since the pandemic began. The health unit has dealt with 305 COVID-19 cases associated with 51 outbreaks.
- Close contacts: 50 reported on Monday, up from 48 reported on Friday.
- Hospitalizations: at least 82 cases have required hospitalized care since the pandemic was declared; 16 cases required the intensive care unit. The ICU admissions make up one per cent of all the health unit’s cases.
- Peterborough Regional Health Centre: reports as of noon Friday there were three COVID-19 inpatients. There have been at least 76 patient transfers from other areas.
- Deaths: 22 — the latest on June 29, a woman in her 70s. Since the pandemic was declared, two deaths have been linked to the Empress Gardens Retirement Residence in Peterborough. Another death was linked to the Severn Court Student Residence February outbreak in Peterborough, while three were tied to a November 2020 outbreak at Fairhaven long-term care.
- Trent University: reports no cases.
- Fleming College: reports no cases related to its Sutherland campus.
- More than 54,200 people have been tested for COVID-19.
As of June 30, the health unit reported 143,436 COVID-19 vaccine doses had been administered at clinics. There were 98,238 people who have received their first dose; 44,060 have received a first and second dose (fully vaccinated).
Approximately 75.9 per cent of adults (age 18 and older) have received at least one vaccine dose; 60 per cent of youth (ages 12-17) have received their first shot.
All vaccination appointments must be made via the provincial call centre at 1-833-943-3900, available daily 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., or any time online. Clinics are being run at the Evinrude Centre/Healthy Planet Arena and at the Peterborough Regional Health Centre.
The following Peterborough and area pharmacies offer vaccine to eligible recipients:
- Aylmer Street Pharmacy, 296 Aylmer St. N. (in Above and Beyond)
- Costco Pharmacy, 485 The Parkway
- Charlotte Care Pharmacy, 270 Charlotte St. Unit 100
- Keene Drug Mart, 1105 Heritage Line in Keene
- Havelock Pharmacy, 44 Ottawa St. W. in Havelock
- High St. Guardian, 815 High St.
- Loblaw Pharmacy, 400 Lansdowne St. E.
- Loblaw Pharmacy, 230 George St. N. (inside No Frills Grocery)
- Medical Centre Pharmacy, 707 Charlotte St.
- Pharmasave The Clinic Pharmacy at 26 Hospital Dr.
- Rexall Pharmacy, 85 George St. N.
- Rexall Pharmacy, 1154 Chemong Rd.
- Rx Drug Mart, 16 Grand Road in Campbellford
- Sherbrooke Heights Pharmacy, 1625 Sherbrooke St. W.
- Shoppers Drug Mart, 971 Chemong Rd.
- Shoppers Drug Mart, 250 Charlotte St.
- Shoppers Drug Mart, 741 Lansdowne St. W.
- Shoppers Simply Pharmacy, 361 George St. N.
- Sobeys Pharmacy, 1200 Lansdowne St. W.
- The Medical Shoppe, 860 Chemong Road
- Walmart, 1002 Chemong Rd.
- Walmart Pharmacy, 950 Lansdowne St. W.
- Westmount Pharmacy, 1293 Clonsilla Ave.
Appointments are required and can be made by calling the respective pharmacies or visiting the Ontario government’s website.
© 2021 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.